JIS Member Agencies Organization
The following justice agencies are members of Justice Integration Services. JIS provides a combination of desktop support, network services, and application development and support for these member agencies.
JIS Policy Committee Organization
The Policy Committee is the primary decision and policy-making
entity of JIS. This committee approves the design, development,
and operation of all JIS procedures and projects.
The Operations Subcommittee provides day-to-day assistance and guidance to the
Director of JIS regarding financial management and operations. Additionally, its members
review and recommend policies and procedures to the JIS Policy Committee. The JIS
Director also serves on the Operations Subcommittee. Policy Committee members who
also serve on the Operations Subcommittee are denoted with **.
JIS Organizational Chart Organization
JIS administrative staff provide management and support for the day-to-day operation of the agency. These activities include personnel, payroll, finances, facilities management, contract management, asset management, and purchasing.
Applications Development & Support
The Justice Integration Services Application Development and Support Department is responsible for both the maintenance of existing applications, as well as the development of new applications for Justice and Public Safety agencies. JIS fully maintains, supports and modifies these applications without external assistance.
Customer Support Center
The JIS Customer Support Center is responsible for server and desktop software and hardware installation, maintenance, and support within the JIS community.
History of JIS Organization
- JIS was formed in 1992 by Metro Ordinance 092-415
- Membership is made up of elected or appointed justice officials
- The JIS Policy Committee is the primary policy decision maker. This committee is made up of all elected/appointed justice officials.
- The Operations Subcommittee is responsible for inter agency operational decisions.
- 2013-2014 Presiding Officers: Chair – Judge Mike Mondelli, Vice-Chair – Torry Johnson, District Attorney
- The JIS Director reports directly to the chair/vice-chair and is responsible for day-to-day operational decisions.